The Foxborough High School Music Experience shall enhance the awareness and appreciation of music as an art. It will enable participants to:
- experience the joy that arises from the struggle of human beings with and against that which limits them.
- experience the value of quality commitment and the encounter with the creative process
- experience the struggle of bringing into being our perception of beauty and aesthetic awareness.
- enlarge human consciousness of themselves and others.
- bring order and discipline to their technical skills.
- discover the power of imagination.
- recognize limitations that activate the creative process.
- elevate the "Status Quo" as young artists.
The results of the FHS Music Experience will be recognized "in time", as one's understanding of self and balance with the world (society) takes on new meaning.
- Real Education is not a study about things! It is an experience inside things.
- If music is an expressive medium, learning involves expressing.
- If it is a creative art, learning means creating.
- If music has meaning, personal judgments are fundamental to the learning process.
- Facts may be taught, but meaning is discovered.
- There is nothing antecedent to discovering meaning.
Music philosophy adapted from the Manhattanville Project in Music Education (c.1968)
Important to the FHS Music Philosophy
Professional Attitude – Core Curriculum – Grading Procedures