PowerSchool Acceptable Use Policy
Access to your child’s grades and attendance through PowerSchool is being provided to you as another form of communication with teachers and administrators. More importantly, it is to help all of us in our efforts to support your child’s education. Please read these guidelines carefully before logging into the system.
Please read the following Acceptable Use Guidelines
- Username and passwords are to be kept confidential—the district accepts no responsibility in the event the username and password is shared, given, stolen, or in any other way, becomes the possession of a person other than the parent/guardian or student.
- Only one access code and password will be issued per student. It is your responsibility to determine which parent(s)/guardian(s) will be able to access the student’s records.
- All technical concerns about PowerSchool should be addressed to email@example.com
- The school district does not provide technical support for your home/work computer system.
- Users must realize that email and other communications via the Internet are not guaranteed to be private.
- The Public Portal can be monitored. The Parent Access Log reports on the date of login, time accessed, and duration of login (in minutes).
- You must adhere to the following protocol in the order listed for concerns regarding your child’s grades:
- Speak with your child
- Have your child talk to their teacher for clarification.
- Check teacher’s grading policy posted on his/her course page.
- Parent/guardian may send ONE email or call the teacher and expect a response by the end of the following school day.
- Parent/guardian may request a team meeting through the Guidance Department.
- After all of the above, a parent may contact school administration by phone or by email.
- Even though you will be able to check grades 24 hours a day / 7 days a week, teachers generally post their grades within approximately 14 days of the date the assignment is due. Some assignments take much longer to grade.
Please be patient and do not contact teachers requesting a grade sooner than what is outlined above.
- Final Quarter grades will be posted on the day Report Cards are sent home.
- Attendance concerns should be addressed by calling your child's school office: Ahern (508) 543-1610 or the Foxborough High School (508) 543-1616.
- I understand that the school district is providing this access as a privilege, and if it is abused, my account will be suspended and/or terminated.
- I understand that Foxborough Public Schools is not liable for any damages to my personal equipment incurred when connected to the PowerSchool System.
- In consideration of using the Foxborough Public School District network and having access to my child's grades and attendance, I hereby release the Foxborough Public School District and its officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages from my use of the system.
- I understand that the school will continue to send Report Cards home at the end of each quarter; however, the school will no longer issue progress reports.
This system is provided only as an educational support for you and your child. The information provided by the PowerSchool Parent Portal is not an official record. For official student records, contact your school. Neither this institution nor Pearson Education accepts any responsibility for information provided by this system and/or for any damages resulting from information provided by this system.
Last Revised: October 7, 2010